Saturday, December 31, 2005

Another Year has passed....

The End.

Yes, it is yet another end to a year. 2005 is almost over.

Stating the obvious. Yes, I know.

You know, it is traditional to drum up a few resolutions to get yourself on track for the new year. I think incremental resolutions (aka, goals) all year long are much more effective. The whole setup of major resolutions creates a negative situation from the git go - and often, the usual lack of motivation sets in shortly afterward. Then you have the opportunity to further beat yourself up about it when you fail. So, no resolutions per se for me.

But - I do think a new year is a good time to assess and look back over the last year and take stock of what was accomplished. If the ongoing list of goals weren't being followed through on, then perhaps this is a good time to refocus or get reinspired.

I spent the day Friday at work cleaning up old files and email. I figured starting the new year off with a relatively clean slate will help me avoid the dread of being back to work for a long stretch without any extra days off. Fortunately February 21st is a holiday and I should be able to take a vacation day in January. Gotta keep the batteries charged you know.

Okay - at this point I am just rambling - really tired - I suppose I should go see if Dick Clark melted yet - and how his heir apparent Ryan Seachrest is doing at the whole ball drop schtick.

One thing is certain - everything changes with time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home